Monday, November 2, 2009

TODAY I LOOKED

The day began as most days do, on early Fall mornings. As I lay in bed, I listened, and heard the sound of soft blankets rustling. I tiptoed out of bed and down the hall. I peeked into the bedroom of the littles and took a look, and there I saw......
Bleary eyes smiling back at me from underneath the covers! The littles sat up and stretched their warm pajamaed arms. Their hair still warm and tousled from a night of little heads dreaming of Big adventures! We all 3, hand in warm dimpled hand gathered at the window where we took a look, and there we saw.....
A bright clear Fall morning! There was a chilly mist sleeping in the air, and there was a crisp sparkle blanketing the ground. Bigger of the littles gasped, and declared in surprise, "LOOK AN AUTUMN DEW!"The sun was just beginning to play peek-a-boo above the azure sky when littlest little let out a giggle and said,"LOOK!" So we all 3 took a look, and there we saw.....A FLOCK OF GEESE, honking merrily as they flew away, away.
The autumn day was joyful, and full of wonder and surprises. "Look, look" it seemed to say. We took a look, and that day we saw: a bug crawling under, a grasshopper hopping over, a ball rolling through, 2 littles running around, a leaf falling down, and 2 pairs of bright shining eyes looking up, up, up into golden rays of bright sunlight.The air began to shift and sway. We 3 took a look and there we saw..... the leaves being gently carried away. Around the corner and down the the street they flew. They danced and wiggled as they were tickled by that spicy cool breeze. Whoops, squeals, and the sound of 4 galloping little feet filled the afternoon breeze as it carried us along with the yellow, orange, red and brown Autumn leaves! Down the road to the park we fled, and suddenly, we stopped.Stopped and looked and there we saw....Piles of crisp brightly colored leaves! Piled all around covering the ground in an artists palette of color, and spectacular, curious wonder!Off they flew, little one, and little two. Chasing around, under, over, and especially through! Having the time of their little lives, and calling to me (who had been smiling the whole day through)"LOOK, LOOK, SEE WHAT I CAN DO!" and "I CAN DO IT TOO!" As they romped and galloped and rolled and tumbled, all at once I began to look, and there to see, that the world is no bigger than the us that are the happiest 3.Time seemed to slow down, and there to stop- rest a while. Take a look.....you will see.