Monday, May 23, 2011

We call it the Human Race

People are always rushing, from the time we get up in the morning until the end of the day when we crash into our beds to do it all over again the next day. So we call it the Human Race. Sometimes in the midst of all of this rushing we are lucky enough to stand still long enough to be a part of something truly amazing. I consider myself one of those lucky people. Although, no matter how hard I have tried, I cannot make time stand still in my little world, I do feel grateful to stand in the middle of some amazing dirt devils ;). Adessa has loved every minute of Kindergarten, and has grown up so much this year. Tomorrow she will graduate and that will be the end of her baby years. I shed a tear for the ending of those sweet years. Those are days that will never happen again. In the same breath I feel very blessed to have been there day in and day out and watch her grow every inch of the way. As parents we prepare our children to face the world, to know how to make good friends and good choices, but nothing prepares a mother or father to let go of that child. To stand there on the sidewalk as they tell you that they are big now and they can go by themselves. I can't get too emotional about it though, because I know she is right, she is ready to take that next step. I congratulate her for that, and all she has achieved so far!
Jexten is getting bigger and taller every time I look at him it seems! He and have been able to have our own pre-school time at home this year until lunchtime when we pick Adessa up from school again. He has learned so much about taking turns, cutting with scissors, counting and number recognition, he can read a clock, and count to 100 (with some assistance from his big sissy!) He is a joy, and is always quick with a laugh. Nothing too serious with this guy! Jexten is a big Sunbeam who loves to get his hands dirty in work.
As a mom , and the first counselor in the Primary presidency I get so many opportunities to be right in the middle of those times when the rushing slows down for just long enough to create a lasting memory. I consider myself the lucky one who gets to be so involved in the progress of our family's part in this great big Human Race.

2 comments:

Kit and Janet Andersen said...

That sure looks like a great kindergarten graduation. Congratulations Adessa! Your right Vicky, sometimes I wish we could go back and have all those growing up moments again, but then we wouldn't get to see what's ahead....and I'm sure it's just as wonderful as what we had:).

Unknown said...

Good pictures~ I wish I could have been there for Adessa's graduation! first grade woooooo!!! Here she comes!! Jexten is awesome in his tranformers (is that what it is?) costume. Every time matthew sees a yellow car he says it's bumble bee and that jexten really likes tranformers. hahaha