Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

This year we have done more partying than any other year. I sure hope I keep my energy as the years go by if this year is any indication of the years to come.
On Wednesday October 26, we drove out to KurtÅ› parent's ward in Willard where the young men and young women were putting on a Halloween carnival. The kids and I got dressed up(i was a bat, jexten was a skeleton, adessa was a vampire, kurt was kurt) and played lots of fun games: fish pond, ring toss, no handed doughnut eating, plinko, and put your hand in a box to feel some yucky stuff (spaghetti brains, olive eye balls, carrot fingers, jello guts). We probably played ring toss more than our fair share of times, but Adessa was DETERMINED to win a sucker! So she did.:)
Monday, Halloween day, started off with Adessa picking a different costume to wear to her school costume parade and class party. She was a black cat. Her parade was at 10am and her class party started at 12. Of course I forgot my camera for the parade, but I DID manage to remember it for the class party.This was one of the fun activities they had for the kids. The spider pumpkins turned out pretty cute I would say!Jexten was one of the big kids during the class party. He warmed right up, he even got to go out to recess and library time with Adessa while the parents cleaned up the classrooms.
It was during these festivities that my dad left a message on the answering machine that Grandpa Thorson had passed away. The news came as somewhat of a relief to me, knowing that his suffering and struggling with health had finally come to a very merciful end. The memory of his life on Earth will be treasured by all that knew him. And that was very many.

Later that evening we drove out to Bear River Valley Co-Op and shoved 3 straw bales in the car with the kids, and brought them home to put on Gordon's trailer for our hay ride (thanks Gordon). We had a good time with friends from our ward. From left to right: Adam Baird(BYU fan), Jexten Thomas Sleeman(skeleton), Adessa Dawn Sleeman(princess-yet another costume change), Cambell Baird (pirate), Heidi Baird(as herself), Bronson Baird(dragon). I should have taken a picture of myself, but I thought I would spare you all: ) I was a bat. Kurt drove the truck and wore his king robe, but certainly NOT the monkey hat!:) oh well, I think we had a lot of fun!! Thanks for coming with us Bairds!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ah man! ALWAYS take a picture of yourself! I always look forward to seeing your loveliness and in the future you will be very sad that you didn't. and I would have liked to see the monkey king. monkey hat or not he could pull that one off! bahahahaha just kidding. You're such a good mom to let Adessa change costumes multiple times for different events. AND DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA AGAIN! haha, for those of us far away it's how we "see" you on holidays.